Location: Chenega Bay and Tatitlek, AK
Salary: $17.00 per hour
Number of Positions: Two
Opening Date: November 22, 2016
Closing Date: Until Filled
LEC is responsible for the coordination of local activities of the Heritage Preservation Department. Commitment to travel to quarterly regional meetings is mandatory.
Essential duties and responsibilities are weekly LEC teleconferences, organize local Native Education Committee. Receive and follow directions related to planning, development, revision, completion and implementation of curricula and materials from the Elders’ Council. Collect Elder/Recognized Expert presentation requests during NEC meetings, coordinate and promote lecture series, participate in professional development per program requirements, among other duties.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required
- Strong writing skills and knowledge of the Sugpiaq/Alutiiq culture is required
- Applicants must possess a genuine interest in the academic, social, and emotional growth of K-12 students and have a willingness to work cooperatively with the Chugach Region Native Ways of Knowing Curriculum Committee
- Fluency and literacy in Sugt’stun is preferred
- Must have strong computer and research skills
- Previous experience in an educational setting is preferred
- Preference for a person with knowledge of the local community and the Chugach Region will be given
Chugachmiut employees strive both for excellence in the services they provide and, through our Employee Values Statement, to serve with integrity. This requires working in an environment where blame and shame are not tolerated. Instead, we use quality improvement tools such as Lean Administration and Training With-in Industry for managing processes. Effective communication is essential and employees must learn how to share problems with fellow employees with a purpose of solving them.
• Greets both internal and external customer with eye contact and a smile.
• Solicits and responds to feedback for customer satisfaction.
• Attendance is regular and on time without excessive absences.
• Presents self and Chugachmiut by displaying professional behavior and appearance.
• Practices and promotes effective collaboration to accomplish the goals of the team.
• Supports the Mission and values of Chugachmiut; creates solutions that add value to the operations of Chugachmiut.
Hours are Monday thru Friday 8:30a.m. to 5:00 p.m. This a full-time 37.5 hours per week/1,950 hours a year position. Chugachmiut maintains a drug & alcohol free, non-smoking environment. There may be occasional travel to the villages of the region. Must be willing and able to travel in light aircraft.
Chugachmiut employees strive both for excellence and integrity in the services they provide in accordance with our Employee Values Statement. We use Quality Improvement tools for managing process and quality criteria for measurement of effectiveness. Effective communications is essential in the workplace and a commitment by employees to share problems with the purpose of solving them.
|Mail or fax application to:||Chugachmiut
Attn: Human Resources
1840 Bragaw Street, Suite 110
Anchorage AK 99508-3463
You can e-mail your application to Stephanie@Chugachmiut.org
Chugachmiut is an equal opportunity employer, and in accordance with Federal civil rights law and Chugachmiut policies, qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity (including gender expression), sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, family/parental status, income derived from a public assistance program, and political beliefs. However, as a tribal organization, Chugachmiut applies Native Preference under P.L. 93-638. Certification must be attached to the application for preference consideration.
Resumes not accompanied by Chugachmiut’s Application for Employment will not be accepted. Applications & position descriptions may be obtained by contacting Chugachmiut on-line at www.chugachmiut.org or phone (907) 562-4155.
This description is intended to describe the essential job functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned and management may, with or without notice, add or change the duties at any time. Employees are employed “at will”.