Location: Homer, AK
Opening Date: April 27, 2017
Salary: $25.00 per hour or DOE
Number of Positions: One
Closing Date: Until Filled
This position will promote non-violence in familial relationships, advocate for, ensure the safety of victims of violence, and provide training throughout the region on topics of safety, mutual respect, and nonviolence. This is an integral member of Chugachmiut Behavioral Health Services and works collaboratively with other Behavioral Health Services staff to provide comprehensive, holistic, trauma and culturally informed domestic violence/sexual assault prevention, intervention, and recovery services. It is of utmost importance that the Kachemak Bay Tribal Advocate ensures that all communications for which he/she is responsible, both written and verbal, meet the highest standards of confidentiality, accuracy and professionalism.
- A Masters’ degree in Social Work, Psychology, Mental Health Counseling, or a related field is required and two years’ work experience that clearly demonstrates the ability to accomplish the essential duties and responsibilities of the position. Experience in cross-cultural service delivery is preferred, with additional preference given to those with experience in service delivery in rural areas, with Alaska Native/American Indian people.
- State of Alaska Licensure in respective behavioral health field is a plus but is not required.
- Four year’s progressive experience with domestic violence service provision and administration.
- Familiarity with Alaska Native or Native American culture and customs.
- Background Check required.
Chugachmiut employees strive both for excellence in the services they provide and, through our Employee Values Statement, to serve with integrity. This requires working in an environment where blame and shame are not tolerated. Instead, we use quality improvement tools such as Lean Administration and Training With-in Industry for managing processes. Effective communication is essential and employees must learn how to share problems with fellow employees with a purpose of solving them.
- Greets both internal and external customer with eye contact and a smile.
- Solicits and responds to feedback for customer satisfaction.
- Attendance is regular and on time without excessive absences.
- Presents self and Chugachmiut by displaying professional behavior and appearance.
- Practices and promotes effective collaboration to accomplish the goals of the team.
- Supports the Mission and values of Chugachmiut; creates solutions that add value to the operations of Chugachmiut.
Hours of Work:
Office hours are from Monday to Friday. This is a part-time position working 22 hours per week or 1,144 hours per year. Chugachmiut maintains a drug & alcohol free, non-smoking environment. There may be occasional travel to the villages of the region. Must be willing and able to travel in light aircraft.
|Mail or fax application to:||Chugachmiut
Attn: Human Resources
1840 Bragaw Street, Suite 110
Anchorage AK 99508-3463
Applications can be emailed to Human Resources at Selma@Chugachmiut.org
Chugachmiut is an equal opportunity employer, and in accordance with Federal civil rights law and Chugachmiut policies, qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity (including gender expression), sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, family/parental status, income derived from a public assistance program, and political beliefs. However, as a tribal organization, Chugachmiut applies Native Preference under P.L. 93-638. Certification must be attached to the application for preference consideration.
Resumes not accompanied by Chugachmiut’s Application for Employment will not be accepted. Applications & position descriptions may be obtained by contacting Chugachmiut on-line at www.chugachmiut.org or phone (907) 562-4155.