Location: Any Regional Community- Anchorage, Cordova, Homer, Seward, or Valdez, AK
Salary: $26.74 per hour or D.O.E.
Number of Positions: One
Opening Date: January 3, 2017
Closing Date: Until filled
Position Summary and Qualifications
This position is responsible for the provision of nutrition and diabetes care services to beneficiaries of the Chugach Region. Provides outpatient medical nutrition therapy appropriate to medical diagnoses; providing diabetes self-management education; and using public health approaches to prevent and treat obesity, diabetes, and complications of diabetes.
- Alaska license in good standing as a Registered Dietician
- Certified Diabetes Educator preferred
- Experience in primary care services preferred
- Experience in rural health care setting preferred
- Experience in tribal health setting preferred
Chugachmiut employees strive both for excellence in the services they provide and, through our Employee Values Statement, to serve with integrity. This requires working in an environment where blame and shame are not tolerated. Instead, we use quality improvement tools such as Lean Administration and Training With-in Industry for managing processes. Effective communication is essential and employees must learn how to share problems with fellow employees with a purpose of solving them.
- Greets both internal and external customer with eye contact and a smile.
- Solicits and responds to feedback for customer satisfaction.
- Attendance is regular and on time without excessive absences.
- Presents self and Chugachmiut by displaying professional behavior and appearance.
- Practices and promotes effective collaboration to accomplish the goals of the team.
- Supports the Mission and values of Chugachmiut; creates solutions that add value to the operations of Chugachmiut.
Hours of Work:
Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Working 22-37 hours per week or 1,144-1,924 hours per year. Chugachmiut maintains a drug & alcohol free, non-smoking environment. There may be occasional travel to the villages of the region.
|Mail or fax application to:||Chugachmiut
Attn: Human Resources
1840 Bragaw Street, Suite 110
Anchorage AK 99508-3463
You can e-mail application to Stephanie@Chugachmiut.org
Chugachmiut is an equal opportunity employer, and in accordance with Federal civil rights law and Chugachmiut policies, qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity (including gender expression), sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, family/parental status, income derived from a public assistance program, and political beliefs. However, as a tribal organization, Chugachmiut applies Native Preference under P.L. 93-638. Certification must be attached to the application for preference consideration.
Resumes not accompanied by Chugachmiut’s Application for Employment will not be accepted. Applications & position descriptions may be obtained by contacting Chugachmiut on-line at www.chugachmiut.org or phone (907) 562-4155.
This description is intended to describe the essential job functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned and management may, with or without notice, add or change the duties at any time. Employees are employed “at will”.