Location: Nanwalek and Port Graham
Number of Positions: Two Positions each in Nanwalek and Port Graham
Opening Date: July 6, 2017
Closing Date: Until Filled
In the absence of regular staff, this position is responsible for all aspects of Head Start nutrition program and janitorial services to ensure compliance with Head Start Performance Standards, childcare food program, and Indian Health Service Standards. Responsible to follow the lead of the classroom teacher assisting in all possible ways as needed to ensure developmentally appropriate practices in the Head Start early childhood setting and home visits.
- Eighteen years of age or older.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Current CPR and First Aid training preferred, but must be willing to obtain when available.
- Must have current physical and TB screening.
- Previous experience working with preschool children is preferred.
Chugachmiut employees strive both for excellence in the services they provide and, through our Employee Values Statement, to serve with integrity. This requires working in an environment where blame and shame are not tolerated. Instead, we use quality improvement tools such as Lean Administration and Training With-in Industry for managing processes. Effective communication is essential and employees must learn how to share problems with fellow employees with a purpose of solving them.
- Greets both internal and external customer with eye contact and a smile.
- Solicits and responds to feedback for customer satisfaction.
- Attendance is regular and on time without excessive absences.
- Presents self and Chugachmiut by displaying professional behavior and appearance.
- Practices and promotes effective collaboration to accomplish the goals of the team.
- Supports the Mission and values of Chugachmiut; creates solutions that add value to the operations of Chugachmiut.
Hours of Work:
Hours of work are between Monday and Friday, 6 hours per day, 30 hours per week, as needed to substitute in the Head Start program. Chugachmiut maintains a drug/alcohol free and non-smoking environment. Position may require occasional travel to other communities throughout the region and employees must be able to travel in small aircraft.
|Mail or fax application to:||Chugachmiut
Attn: Human Resources
1840 Bragaw Street, Suite 110
Anchorage AK 99508-3463
You can e-mail your application to NicholasG@Chugachmiut.org
Chugachmiut is an equal opportunity employer, and in accordance with Federal civil rights law and Chugachmiut policies, qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity (including gender expression), sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, family/parental status, income derived from a public assistance program, and political beliefs. However, as a tribal organization, Chugachmiut applies Native Preference under P.L. 93-638. Certification must be attached to the application for preference consideration.
Resumes not accompanied by Chugachmiut’s Application for Employment will not be accepted. Applications & position descriptions may be obtained by contacting Chugachmiut on-line at www.chugachmiut.org or phone (907) 562-4155.
This description is intended to describe the essential job functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned and management may, with or without notice, add or change the duties at any time. Employees are employed “at will”.