Location: Chenega Bay, AK
Opening Date: March 31, 2017
Number of Positions: One
Closing Date: Until Filled
This is a level II position that is part of the Health Services Community Health Aide Program in the village based Tatitlek clinic. This position will work with Community Health Aides and Practitioners to provide health services to beneficiaries and be responsible for successfully completing all training sessions required to obtain certification as a Community Health Practitioner. This position is responsible for clinic administrative duties as assigned, purchasing/inventory, schedule patient appointments, patient check in, assist with patient care.
Primary responsibilities include provision of primary health care services in the village and urgent/emergency services within the village boundaries. Job requires emergency patient escort at physician request, and traveling via small, single engine aircraft.
Health aides are to follow their medical standing orders (MSO) from the Summary sheets and the Community Health Aide Manual. Health aides are to communicate with the regional physician, referral physician, or ANMC ER physician on-call when difficult, questionable or problems arise that are outside of the CHP’s medical standing orders (MSO) during an emergency.
All Health Aides are regional providers and are expected to provide an annual minimum of 2 weeks clinical coverage in a village clinic other than their assigned village clinic.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- TABE test scores equivalent or exceeds grade 7 level in math, reading and writing
- Must pass a state and federal background check due to close contact with minors and vulnerable adults
- Minimum of CHA II certification & willingness to attend and successfully complete all required training for CHP Certification
Chugachmiut employees strive both for excellence in the services they provide and, through our Employee Values Statement, to serve with integrity. This requires working in an environment where blame and shame are not tolerated. Instead, we use quality improvement tools such as Lean Administration and Training With-in Industry for managing processes. Effective communication is essential and employees must learn how to share problems with fellow employees with a purpose of solving them.
- Greets both internal and external customer with eye contact and a smile.
- Solicits and responds to feedback for customer satisfaction.
- Attendance is regular and on time without excessive absences.
- Presents self and Chugachmiut by displaying professional behavior and appearance.
- Practices and promotes effective collaboration to accomplish the goals of the team.
- Supports the Mission and values of Chugachmiut; creates solutions that add value to the operations of Chugachmiut.
Hours of Work:
Hours of work are Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with an hour for lunch, 37.5 hours per week. Chugachmiut maintains a drug/alcohol free and non-smoking environment. Travel by small aircraft to remote locations may be required.
|Mail or fax application to:||Chugachmiut
Attn: Human Resources
1840 Bragaw Street, Suite 110
Anchorage AK 99508-3463
Applications can be emailed to Human Resources at Stephanie@Chugachmiut.org
Chugachmiut is an equal opportunity employer, and in accordance with Federal civil rights law and Chugachmiut policies, qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity (including gender expression), sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, family/parental status, income derived from a public assistance program, and political beliefs. However, as a tribal organization, Chugachmiut applies Native Preference under P.L. 93-638. Certification must be attached to the application for preference consideration.
Resumes not accompanied by Chugachmiut’s Application for Employment will not be accepted. Applications & position descriptions may be obtained by contacting Chugachmiut on-line at www.chugachmiut.org or phone (907) 562-4155.